Dec 21, 2016
MOUNT ST. MARY'S vs. COPPIN STATE
Thursday, December 22, 2016, 7:00 p.m.
Knott Arena, Emmitsburg, Md.
MOUNT STORY LINES
- Mount St. Mary's fell to Bucknell, 81-65, on Monday night as the Bison used a late run to break open a close game for the win. Junior Robinson scored a game-high 20 points to pace the Mountaineers. The Mount led 50-49 with 11 minutes remaining, and trailed by four with just over six minutes left. Bucknell then broke the game open with a 15-to-2 run.
- One of the biggest wins in Mount St. Mary's history came in the last meeting with Coppin State. The Mount posted a 69-60 win over the Eagles in the 2008 NCAA Opening Round at Dayton. That is the Mount's lone NCAA Tournament win at the Division I level.
- In that meeting in 2008, Jeremy Goode scored a game-high 21 points while Kelly Beidler chipped in 15 rebounds to lead the Mount to the win. Coppin State led the entire first half, holding a 34-33 lead at the break. The Mount's Chris Vann converted a traditional three-point play early in the second half to give the Mount a four-point lead. It was Vann's 1,000th career point. The Mount led 57-55 with 6:55 remaining, but closed the contest on a 12-to-5 run to secure the team's first-ever NCAA Division I Tournament win.
- Junior Robinson scored a game-high 20 points in the Mount's loss at Bucknell. It was Robinson's second 20-point game this season and the eighth of his career. His eight career 20-point performances are tied for the 13th most by a Mount player since the school moved to NCAA Division I.
- Freshman Miles Wilson has scored in double figures in each of the past three games, and in seven of the Mount's first 11 games. The last Mount freshman to score double figures in seven of their first 11 career games was Landy Thompson in 2002-03.
- The Mount opens Northeast Conference play at LIU Brooklyn on Thursday, December 29. The Mount and LIU Brooklyn were tied for fourth in the NEC Preseason Coaches Poll. LIU Brooklyn has the NEC's best record this season at 7-5.