Dec 17, 2016
MOUNT ST. MARY'S at BUCKNELL
Monday, December 19, 2016, 7:00 p.m.
Sojka Pavilion, Lewisburg, Pa.
MOUNT STORY LINES
- Mount St. Mary's lost to Lehigh, 90-71, at home on December 10. Miles Wilson and Junior Robinson each scored 15 points for the Mount while Greg Alexander chipped in 14. After falling behind by 12 in the opening minutes, the Mount used an extended 22-to-9 run to take its first lead of the game. Lehigh was able to counter, taking a 38-33 lead at the half. The Mountain Hawks then used a 17-to-2 run in the second half to take control of the game.
- Freshman Miles Wilson is averaging 14.5 points over the past two games. Wilson is third on the team in scoring at 9.6 points per game, and he has scored in double figures in six of the Mount's 11 games this season.
- The Mount's non-conference schedule is currently ranked as the sixth-toughest in the nation this season. Only South Carolina State, Long Beach State, Houston Baptist, Mississippi Valley State and Texas Southern are ranked above the Mount. The Mountaineers have played three ranked teams (West Virginia, Iowa State and Michigan) so far this season.
- This will be the Mount's final non-conference road game this season. The Mountaineers opened the year on a nine-game road trip, and are 1-8 on the road this season.
- The Mountaineers have had four different players record 20 or more points in a game this season. Elijah Long has done it twice (UT Arlington, Arkansas) while Junior Robinson (Michigan), Chris Wray (George Mason) Miles Wilson (UT Arlington) have reached the 20-point mark once.
- Mount St. Mary's is shooting 39.6 percent from the field this season. The Mount has been held under 45 percent from the floor in 10 of the team's 11 games. The Mount's season-high in shooting percentage was 48.1 percent in an 80-71 loss at UT Arlington.