Nov 25, 2016
MOUNT ST. MARY'S (1-5) at No. 25 MICHIGAN (4-1)
Saturday, November 26, 2016, 7 p.m.
Ann Arbor, Mich. * Crisler Center
MOUNT STORY LINES
- Elijah Long and Miles Wilson combined for 53 points, but Mount St. Mary's came up short, 80-71, in a non-conference matchup at UT Arlington on Wednesday. Long poured in a career-high 27 points while Wilson added a career-best 26 points for the Mount in the loss. Mount St. Mary's trailed 36-35 at the half, but the Mavericks shot 65.4 percent from the field in the second half to pull away for the victory.
- Freshman Miles Wilson scored a career-best 26 points in the Mount's nine-point loss at UT Arlington on Wednesday. It is the most points by a Mount freshman since Shivaughn Wiggins scored 28 at Fairleigh Dickinson on March 2, 2013.
- Elijah Long and Miles Wilson each topped 20 points in the Mount's loss at UT Arlington. Long led the Mount with 27 points while Wilson added 26 in the game. The last time the Mount had two players score 20 or more in the same game was when BK Ashe (21) and Junior Robinson (20) did it on Feb. 4, 2016, in a 77-74 loss at LIU Brooklyn.
- This is game seven of a nine-game road trip for the Mount that includes games at No. 20 West Virginia, No. 20 Iowa State, Minnesota, George Mason, Southern Illinois, UT Arlington, No. 25 Michigan, Arkansas and Loyola (Md.).
- u Freshman guard Miles Wilson has scored in double figures in four of his first six collegiate games. He is second on the team in scoring at 11.0 points per game, shooting 44.2 percent from the field and 37.5 percent from three-point range. He is coming off a 26-point effort at UT Arlington.
- Three-point defense is one of the staples of head coach Jamion Christian's mayhem style of play. So far this season, the Mount has held the opposition to 29-of-97 (.299) shooting from three-point range, limiting opponents to just 4.8 three-pointers made per game this season.