Nov 20, 2016
MOUNT ST. MARY'S (1-3) at SOUTHERN ILLINOIS (2-2)
Monday, November 21, 2016, 8:00 PM ET
SIU Arena * Carbondale, Ill.
MOUNT STORY LINES
- Chris Wray's dunk on a drive to the basket with 1.3 seconds remaining in overtime lifted Mount St. Mary's to a 78-76 win at George Mason on Friday. Wray took the inbounds pass, faked a handoff, spun, and dunked on a drive to the bucket for the winning points. The 6-8 junior finished with his first career double-double on career highs of 21 points and 10 rebounds. Freshman Miles Wilson added 12 points in the victory.
- The Mountaineers 78-76 overtime win at George Mason was the Mount's first road non-conference win since a 73-69 win at Bucknell on November 22, 2014. The Mount had lost 13 non-conference road games in a row until the victory at George Mason.
- 5-5 guard Junior Robinson has scored in double figures in each of the past two games, averaging 13.5 points over that stretch. Robinson is the shortest player in NCAA Division I.
- The Mount is in the middle of a nine-game road trip that includes games at No. 20 West Virginia, No. 20 Iowa State, Minnesota, George Mason, Southern Illinois, UT Arlington, Michigan, Arkansas and Loyola (Md.).
- u Sophomore guard Elijah Long has scored in double figures in each of the Mount's four games this season. Long is averaging a team-high 13.8 points and 6.0 rebounds. He has grabbed at least five rebounds in each of the first four contests, and is also tied for the team lead in assists.
- Junior guard Greg Alexander is the Mount's top three-point threat so far this season. Alexander has made at least two three-pointers in each of the first four games. He is averaging 9.8 points per game while hitting 12-of-30 (40.0 percent) from beyond the arc so far this year.