Nov 15, 2016
MOUNT ST. MARY'S (0-2) at MINNESOTA (2-0)
Wednesday, November 16, 2016, 7:00 PM (CT)
Williams, Arena * Minneapolis, Minn.
MOUNT STORY LINES
- Mount St. Mary's fell at No. 20 Iowa State, 73-55, on Monday night. It was the Mount's second consecutive game against a ranked opponent. Elijah Long led the Mountaineers with 19 points, seven rebounds and four assists. Long was playing against older brother, Nazareth Mitrou-Long, a senior for Iowa State. Freshman Miles Wilson added 11 points off the bench while Mawdo Sallah collected a game-high 14 rebounds.
- Mawdo Sallah grabbed a career-high 14 rebounds at Iowa State on Monday night. The 14 rebounds are the most by a Mount player since Kelly Beidler had 14 against Monmouth on Feb. 11, 2010.
- The Mount is 0-17 all-time against the Big 10 Conference. The Mount played a pair of games against Big 10 opponents last year, falling at Maryland and Ohio State in the opening two games of the season. The Mount will play at Michigan on Nov. 26.
- The Mount opens the season with a nine-game road trip that includes games at No. 20 West Virginia, No. 20 Iowa State, Minnesota, George Mason, Southern Illinois, UT Arlington, Michigan, Arkansas and Loyola (Md.).
- The Mount opened the season with back-to-back games against ranked opponents, falling at No. 20 West Virgina in the season opener and at No. 20 Iowa State on Monday night. It is the first time in school history that the team has played ranked opponents in back to back games.