Nov 13, 2016
MOUNT ST. MARY'S (0-1) at No. 24 IOWA STATE (1-0)
Monday, November 14, 2016, 7:00 PM (CT)
Hilton Coliseum, Ames, Iowa
RADIO: 930 AM WFMD (Adam Pohl)
MOUNT STORY LINES
- Mount St. Mary's opened the 2016-17 season with an 87-59 loss at No. 20 West Virginia on Friday night. Greg Alexander scored a team-high 15 points in his first game as a Mountaineer while Elijah Long chipped in 14 points, five rebounds and four assists. Freshman Miles Wilson had a strong debut, tallying 11 points and four rebounds off the bench.
- This is the Mount's second consecutive game against a Big 12 opponent. The Mountaineers are 0-8 all-time against the Big 12, including the season-opening loss at West Virginia. This is the first-ever meeting between the Mount and Iowa State.
- Sophomore guard Elijah Long will get the chance to play against older brother, Nazareth Mitrou-Long, who is a senior for Iowa State. They are two of 10 siblings in the family, which hails from Mississauga, Ontario, Canada.
- The Mount opens the season with a nine-game road trip that includes games at No. 20 West Virginia, No. 24 Iowa State, Minnesota, George Mason, Southern Illinois, UT Arlington, Michigan, Arkansas and Loyola (Md.).
- This is the first-ever meeting between the Mount and Iowa State.
- The Mountaineers are 1-26 all-time against ranked opponents, including a loss at No. 20 West Virginia in the season opener.