MOUNT ST. MARY'S (0-0) at No. 20 WEST VIRGINIA (0-0)
Friday, November 11, 2016, 7 pm
WVU Coliseum, Morgantown, W. Va.
TV: Root Sports Pittsburgh (Rob King, Warren Baker, Robby Incmikoski)
RADIO: Mount Radio Network (Adam Pohl)
MOUNT STORY LINES
- Mount St. Mary's begins its 108th season of basketball against West Virginia in the season opener. It is the third time the Mount has opened a season against WVU. The Mount faced West Virginia in the season openers in both 2006 (L, 50-42) and 2013 (L, 77-62).
- The Mount defeated Hood College, 89-65, in an exhibition game at Knott Arena on November 5. Senior Will Miller hit seven three-pointers en route to a team-high 22 points off the bench in the win. The Mountaineers were 14-of-32 (.438) from three-point range in the victory.
- Mount St. Mary's was picked to finish in a tie for fourth in the annual Northeast Conference Preseason Coaches Poll. The Mount finished the 2015-16 season 14-19 overall and in fifth place in the NEC with a 10-8 league record. Mount St. Mary's lost to eventual champion Fairleigh Dickinson, 80-75, in the NEC Tournament semifinals.
- The Mount has lost its past seven season openers. However, the list of opponents over that stretch includes Maryland, Arizona, West Virginia, Pittsburgh, Marquette, Dayton and Oklahoma.
- Last season, West Virginia finished second in the nation by forcing a turnover on 25.0 percent of its defensive possessions. The Mount was right behind, finishing third at 24.6 percent.
- West Virginia holds a 4-0 lead in the all-time series that began on December 5, 1988. Every meeting between the two teams has been played at the WVU Coliseum. This is the third time the Mount and West Virginia have opened the season against each other. WVU won 50-42 on Nov. 10, 2006 and 77-62 on Nov. 8, 2013 in the previous season-opening matchups.